Manuel and Maria were excited newlyweds-to-be, until an evil soul kidnapped the bride! Join Manuel on a journey through the land of the dead to rescue his bride. Encounter multiple colorful souls during your solitaire-rich journey, and help them uncover things they’ve lost, too. Perhaps, just perhaps, they might be willing to help! If not, our Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead Walkthrough will provide you with all the tips and tricks you need.
Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead is a solitaire card game. Journey through the land of the dead, clearing various chapters and helping multiple comical characters along the way. If you’re not sure how to play, our guide will help put you on the right track.
If you’re not familiar with how to play solitaire, or simply need a reminder, then this section is for you. Additional explanations covering the game’s unique cards can also be found here.
- Click on cards higher or lower than the card displayed at the bottom of the screen/at the top of your card pile to remove them from the center of the screen. Card order is as follows: Ace, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Jack, Queen, King, Ace
- The goal is to remove all the cards from the screen without running out of cards from your deck.
- You can only remove top cards; if a card is covered by another card, you must first remove the card covering it.
- Cards displaying their backs on the main playing field will remain hidden until you remove the card covering them.
- You can unlock various boosters by progressing through the game’s levels. Once you’ve unlocked a booster, you may use coins you’ve earned to purchase additional ones as needed. The booster types are as follows:
- Undo- Click on this booster to undo your last move if you made a mistake.
- Extra Cards- If you’ve run out of cards, this booster will give you five extra cards and allow you to keep playing.
- Sword of Justice- Remove a playable card of your choice from the field. You can use the Sword of Justice to remove Bombs or Rockets, too.
- Joker- Lets you play any card on the field. Great for large combos!
- Keyslot Booster- Use this to unlock your second slot of cards.
- If you run out of boosters, click on the purple + icon underneath Shop to purchase more.
- Various other special non-booster cards will show up during the game. Some of them are as follows:
- Bomb- Click on the Bomb to clear cards surrounding its immediate area.
- Locks and Keys- Some cards will have locks that need to be opened before they can be matched or played. Find key cards and use these on the locks to remove them.
- Rocket- The Rocket will clear any and all playable cards in its way. The direction a Rocket is facing indicates in which direction it will go once clicked.
- Your score is visible in the upper right corner of your screen. The meter behind it will indicate how large your combo currently is.
- Tasks you will need to complete are listed in the upper left corner of your screen. Click on the skeleton here to view tasks.
- There are three rounds per level. Clear all three rounds without running out of cards to progress to the next level!
Levels and the Journal
When entering the map and level select from the main menu, you’ll notice a journal located in the lower right corner of your screen. Your journal will keep track of various lists for you.
- Ingredients are one of the key things your journal keeps track of. Ingredients are rewarded upon completing levels. Collect them all!
- Chapter tasks are also listed here, past the ingredients section. Any tasks unique to the chapter you are currently playing will be displayed here.
- Levels are divided by chapter. Click on a numbered tombstone to play that level. The number of Golden Skulls over a tombstone will indicate your previous scores.
- You will encounter various characters during your journey, whom have also lost valuables. Help them find their precious belongings!
The following section sheds light on a handful of tips and tricks you should be sure to take with you during your journey to the land of the dead.
- Some levels will feature special tasks in addition to removing cards from the field. For example, you may encounter cards which are on fire, and cannot be played. Remove cards covered in water to douse the flames!
- Improve your score by making large combos. Combos are made when you match cards in quick succession. If you create a high enough combo, you can earn a Golden Skull. Each Golden Skull will reward you with a bonus 100 golden coins.
- Cards which display a coin on them can be clicked to immediately be removed, adding gold to your current amount.
- Coins you earn during levels can be used to purchase boosters.
- Special cards, such as Bombs and Rockets, can effect each other. A Rocket can take out a Bomb just as a Bomb can take out a Rocket.
- Keep an eye on card patterns. For example: If you have a 3 at the top of your deck, and can choose to select either a 2 or a 4 from the field, try to recall cards you may have already seen or played. If you, for example, already saw multiple 4’s or 5’s go by, it’s probably a better idea to match it with the 2.
- You can customize the setup of your cards by going to Options in the Main Menu, then selecting “Card Setup”. Choose the option that’s right for you!
Congratulations, you’ve completed our quickstart Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead Walkthrough! Need any additional help? Be sure to let us know!
The Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead Walkthrough is meant to help guide you through the game’s basics and does not contain cheats, hacks, or serials.