The castle which was once the pride of the kingdom has fallen into disrepair, and it’s up to you to restore it to its former glory! Aid Willy and a cast of castle residents as you complete quests and explore hidden object areas. Can you find all the treasures needed to save the castle? Our Castle Wonders – A Castle Tale Walkthrough will guide you through the basics, tips, and tricks you’ll need.
Castle Wonders – A Castle Tale brings the mobile game Castle Wonders 2 you loved to PC! If you’re unfamiliar with how the game works or the basic mechanics, this section will help you get started.
Energy is displayed at the top of your screen while viewing the castle map. By default, you will start with 100/100. Playing hidden object areas and exploring locations costs energy. If your energy bar runs out, you will need to wait before you can explore again. However, energy will restore itself over time. A timer beneath the energy bar will indicate how much time is left before you gain more energy. You may also purchase various boosters, or earn rewards that will instantly restore your energy levels.
Experience is shown in the blue bar at the top of the screen while viewing the castle map. The % displayed indicates how far along you are toward unlocking the next level. Your level is displayed within the shield icon to the left of the bar. Unlocking levels will give you rewards, as well as allow you to explore new locations. Each location has a level requirement. Simply compare the number displayed alongside the location to your current level to see how much further you have to go.
Coins are displayed in the upper left corner of your screen when viewing the castle map. Use coins to purchase upgrades and various components needed for crafting. Coins may be rewarded for completing hidden object areas or quests (both outlined below).
Your inventory bag is displayed on the left side of the screen when viewing the castle map. Click on this to view any and all bonuses you own. You may also choose to purchase additional bonuses from here.
Save the castle and restore it to its former glory! A slew of residents and visitors alike are in need of your keen eye. Do you have what it takes to restore the castle?
So you may have found yourself looking at a map of the castle and thinking “What do I do next?” Never fear; this section is for you.
Hidden Object Scenes
The core gameplay type of Castle Wonders – A Castle Tale, hidden object scenes act as the hub for discovering all items you will need to progress in the game.
- From the Map, click on a location name or icon that is unlocked in order to view that location’s details.
- Once a location has been selected, your best score and mastery of that location will be displayed. Collectibles you may also find in that location will be displayed.
- All hidden object scenes will have a bar on one side of the screen displaying the items which need to be found. Find these items to earn money. The more filled the rainbow-colored bar is when you find items, the higher the profits!
- Click on the Magnifying Lens at the bottom of the bar to have the location of one of the items in need of finding shown for you. Hints are limited, so use them sparingly. You can, however, earn and craft more as you go.
- Upon completing a hidden object scene, your level statistics will be shown and a reward will be given. Click “Accept”, then return to the Map.
- Multiple types of hidden object scenes exist. Here are the icons of a few and what type of hidden object gameplay they offer:
- Clay Pitcher – Find the object displayed on the bar. The object on the bar appears exactly the same as it does within the hidden object scene, though objects may be rotated.
- Rainbow Jigsaw – For this mode, look carefully at the scene. You won’t be searching for objects or items this time, but instead, you’ll be searching for small fragments of the scenery around the area.
- Pitcher Silhouette – The silhouettes of the objects you’ll need to find will be displayed on the left.
- Abc – The items you need to find will be listed in text format. For example, “sword” means you need to find and click on the sword shown within the hidden object scene.
- Memory – Take a close look at the hidden object scene which is displayed for a limited time. Each round of this game, an additional item will be added to the area.
- Word Scramble – All the names of the hidden objects are scrambled, presenting two puzzles in one. First figure out what the scrambled word actually says, then find the object associated with it!
- Multiple Colored Pitchers – Items you need to find will be displayed one at a time. You will need to find them in order in order to progress to the next item on the list.
- Magic Lens – Hidden objects can only be seen through a magical lens. Move your lens around the screen to see hidden objects, then click on the ones listed to strike them from your list.
- Pitcher with a Mirror – The hidden object scene is flipped; a mirror of the original.
- Mastering a hidden object location will reward you with Mastery Stars. Trade Mastery Stars for keys and use these to unlock new locations!
As you play the game, you will meet multiple characters in need of your help. These characters and their needs will be displayed as Quests, and indicated with icons on the right side of your Map. Click on a character to view the quest offered and the requisites to complete it. You may complete quests for a reward, or choose to skip it for a cost. Active quests are displayed with a red color swatch at the bottom of the character’s thumbnail, while a completed quest from which you may collect a reward are displayed with a green swatch. It is possible for multiple quests to be active at once.
Inventory items can be earned by either crafting items you’ve found, or purchasing them outright with coins. The following is a list of inventory items you can unlock and their attributed bonuses:
- Energy Drink – Restores energy 20% faster
- Double Coins – Gives 2x hidden object reward coins
- Magnifier Hint – Help to spot an item in a hidden object scene
- Binocular Hint – Shows the position of the listed items in a hidden object scene
- Magnet Hint – Brings the listed items scattered in a hidden object scene
- Moves Card – Gives 10% additional match 3 moves
- Lucky Drop – Increases item drop chance by 5%
- EXP Star – Gives 50% bonus on hidden object experience reward
- Energy Refill – Replenish 100% energy
- Pocket Watch – Reset cooldown of all minigames
- Snowflake – Makes hidden object gamer timer slower by 50%
- Searchlight – Gives you wider lighting for night mode
The Throne Room was once the pride of the castle, but has since fallen into disrepair. Restore it to its former glory and greater through customization! This area is home to all your decór and crafting needs. If you need to leave at any point, simply click on the map icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Click on the blueprint and hammer icon in the lower left corner of the screen to access your restoration and customization menu.
- Click the arrows at the top of the screen to toggle between various features which may be implemented into the Throne Room, such as Wallpapers, Desks, or Flower Pots.
- Each item you choose to implement has a cost. Some cost coins, while others will need you to fulfill various requirements first.
- Purchasing items will always reward you with bonus experience, so be sure to do this often!
Item Collection & Crafting
Click on the cabinet at the bottom of the screen to view your item collections and ability to craft.
- Items you collect upon completing hidden object scenes will be stored here.
- Once you’ve collected all the items necessary, you will be able to craft special items shown, such as the Old Dimes or the Imperial Emblem.
- Crafting special items will reward you with additional bonuses, such as extra coins or experience.
- Select the Crafting tab to view which items you have and are needed for crafting various item bonuses.
- Craft items such as the Energy Drink from the Crafting tab in order to add them to your inventory.
Looking for a few extra pointers to aid you in your quest? Not to worry! Here’s a handful that may just be the tip or trick you’re looking for:
- Use the scroll wheel of your mouse in hidden object scenes to zoom in and out. You may also hold down the CTRL key and drag your cursor around your screen to produce the same effect.
- Purchasing items for the Throne Room will earn you experience.
- Hover your cursor over an item within the Item Collection cabinet to view locations where that item can drop.
- Excessive clicking during hidden object scenes will temporarily disable your cursor with a warning.
- Hidden object scenes will become more difficult as you master them.
- A scroll in the upper right corner of a hidden object location preview will display an icon which informs you what kind of hidden object gameplay mode you’ll encounter if you click Play.
- If you prefer to play at a slower pace, click on the Pause menu during a hidden object scene and activate “Relax Mode”.
- The Stamp Card is viewable from both the Throne Room and the Map. Find Origaming Logos hidden within hidden object scenes, and they will show up on this card. Fill a stamp card with these to redeem them for bonus coins!
Congratulations! You’ve completed the Castle Wonders – A Castle Tale Walkthrough! Be sure to check our blog for more great tips and tricks!
The Castle Wonders – A Castle Tale walkthrough is meant as a guide and does not contain cheats, hacks, or serials.