Last modified: 2018/05/23
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information as necessary to operate effectively, provide and improve the products and services we offer, prevent fraud, communicate with you, and provide effective customer support. Such information may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Billing information, such as your credit card number when you make a purchase;
- Demographic information, such as your gender or language preference;
- Usage information, such as information relating to your interaction with a game including your player ID, and purchases, and activities on our websites such as pages visited; and
- Device information, such as your unique device ID (persistent/non-persistent, MAC or IMEI), hardware, software, platform, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
While most of this information comes directly from you, such as information you provide when you sign up for the service or information we gather when you play our games, we sometimes receive information from third parties and affiliates, such as:
- Social networking sites ("SNS") (like Facebook and Twitter) and other similar third-party services that make users' information available to others;
- Partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Advertisers, about your experiences or interactions with their offerings;
- Service providers that help us determine your device's location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location;
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information to enable our operations and to provide our products and services, including:
- Verifying access rights to premium content or other access-restricted services and software;
- Providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- Determining if your device meets minimum system requirements to use our products, and providing information concerning compatibility and interoperability;
- Delivering to you, and billing you for, our products and services;
- Auto-updating downloaded products;
- Providing interest-based advertisements including advertisements from our third-party advertising partners;
- Developing aggregated statistics that help us better understand how our products and services are used and how to market them;
- Improving our products and services, such as fixing problems or improving the performance of features or content recommendations;
- Tracking content use for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers such as game publishers; and
- Communicating with you, such as sending you messages concerning your account and customer service issues; asking you to participate in surveys; and delivering news, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your web browser to our servers;
- Encryption for sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers and user names;
- Security controls to restrict access to databases housing personal information;
- Limited employee access to databases containing personal information and confidentiality requirements imposed upon employees who do have access; and
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES
When you visit our website or use our products and services, certain third-party companies can collect information as part of serving advertisements, providing analytics, or delivering content.
On mobile devices, these adverting companies sometimes collect and use advertising IDs provided by mobile operating systems, such as AAID and/or IDFA. These advertising IDs can be controlled or reset through your mobile operating system's settings. Settings vary by device, but you will usually find advertising settings under "Privacy" or "Ads" in your device's settings.
To learn more about third-party targeted advertising, you can visit either the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), each of which provides an easy way to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies. European users can visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and for those of you in Canada, you can visit Ad Choices: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) / Choix de Pub: l'Alliance de la publicité numérique du Canada (DAAC).
We also use third-party analytics providers such as Google Analytics and AppsFlyer to help us compile aggregated statistics about the operation and effectiveness of our websites. Analytics providers set or read their own cookies, or other identifiers on your device, and transmit events through which they can collect information about your use of our websites and those of other companies.
Learn more about our analytic providers:
- You can learn more about AppsFlyer by visiting AppsFlyer Data Privacy.
When you search for specific content on GameHouse websites, the search terms may be embedded in the "search string" that appears in the URL display window of your web browser. Certain advertising services or third-party content providers may associate these search strings with cookies they set or retrieve from our pages.
WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors in order for them to provide specific services for GameHouse. For example, GameHouse shares personal information with third-party payment processors for billing purposes. GameHouse contractors are bound to keep all personal information they process confidential.
We may transfer your personal information in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of RealNetworks and/or its subsidiaries.
Finally, we may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on GameHouse or RealNetworks; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of RealNetworks; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GameHouse products and services or the public at large.
HOW TO MANAGE E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM GAMEHOUSE
We will send marketing e-mail messages to you only in accordance with your preferences. You may change your communication preferences at any time by either: (a) selecting the opt-out option in any marketing message you receive or (b) if you have created an online account with GameHouse, changing your account settings to select whether or not to receive marketing messages. We may send you certain essential (non-promotional) e-mail messages about products or services you have previously purchased or to inform you about critical technical service issues relating to a GameHouse product or service even when you have opted out of marketing messages from us.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRANSFER OF DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
EU-U.S. AND SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD
In some cases, we may remain liable if a third party processes personal data on our behalf in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
If you have a question or complaint related to our participation in the Privacy Shield, we encourage you to contact us via our web form. For any complaints related to the Privacy Shield frameworks that cannot be resolved with us directly, you may seek resolution of your complaint by contacting the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, the international division of the American Arbitration Association. As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, binding arbitration is available to address residual complaints not resolved by other means. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
EU DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products and services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection regulation, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You may request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If automated processing of your personal data is based on a contract with you or your consent, you have certain rights to data portability;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing that occurred before its withdrawal); and
- You have a right to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
You may exercise those rights by using the controls described in the "HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION" section above, or by contacting us as described below. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the "data controller", you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
P.O. Box 91123
Seattle, WA 98111-9233
Or click here.
© 2018 RealNetworks, Inc.