WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
RN International collects personal information to deliver our products and services, communicate with you about those products and services, and provide effective, timely customer support when needed.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You must open an account or complete an online registration with RN International to download or purchase RN International products and services, including free trials. Information gathered during the registration or account creation process, or during access to particular products and services, may differ based on the nature of the product or service. Information that you provide when registering or creating an account, or accessing or using your account or the RN INTERNATIONAL products or services associated with your account, may include: name and email address; billing information; information concerning software downloaded, products and content purchased, accessed, and/or downloaded through RN INTERNATIONAL products or services; location information (such as zip code or postal code and country); computer configuration (such as operating system, connection speed, and peripherals); the IP Internet (IP) address and URL of the Website that sent you to the RN International registration page; the types of peripherals (including portable media players) used by RN International products on your computer (to ensure that you have access to the latest fixes and patches for full compatibility with these devices); demographic information provided by you (such as language, gender and age, and, if applicable, content preferences and personalization information); and whether you logged into or out of a RN International service, or changed your password or billing information and site usage and game play information.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent unless such sharing is necessary to deliver our products and services, or except as set forth below.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
RN International understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and is committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your Web browser to RN International;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
- We do not store your full credit card number in our databases;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing personal information and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
RN International uses your personal information to:
- Deliver to you and bill you for RN International products and services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase of premium content or services (e.g., for the purposes of access to a free trial, or to FunPass);
- Verify access rights to premium content or other access-restricted services and software, including for the purpose of supporting digital rights management software;
- Improve our software and services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- Determine, where possible, if you meet the minimum system requirements to use our products, and provide information concerning compatibility and interoperability to you;
- Track content and technology for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third party providers, such as copyright holders, patent licensors and content distributors;
- Ask you to participate on a voluntary basis in surveys about products, services, news and events;
- Offer you product upgrades, content, services and games for you to purchase;
- Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalized experience based on personal information, such as your language preferences, zip/postal code, country locations, and any content or other preferences you provide;
- Auto-update certain downloaded RN International products;
- Provide you with news, free newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers; and
- Better understand how our products are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
RN International does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above. RN International does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to a third party unless you consent to provide such information to a third party partner or content service.
RN International may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for RN International, and to better serve our customers. RN International's contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of RN International.
Also, RN International may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on RN International; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of RN International; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to