WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
RN International collects personal information to deliver our products and services, communicate with you about those products and services, and provide effective, timely customer support when needed.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You must open an account or complete an online registration with RN International to download or purchase RN International products and services, including free trials. Information gathered during the registration or account creation process, or during access to particular products and services, may differ based on the nature of the product or service. Information that you provide when registering or creating an account, or accessing or using your account or the RN INTERNATIONAL products or services associated with your account, may include: name and email address; billing information; information concerning software downloaded, products and content purchased, accessed, and/or downloaded through RN INTERNATIONAL products or services; location information (such as zip code or postal code and country); computer configuration (such as operating system, connection speed, and peripherals); the IP Internet (IP) address and URL of the Website that sent you to the RN International registration page; the types of peripherals (including portable media players) used by RN International products on your computer (to ensure that you have access to the latest fixes and patches for full compatibility with these devices); demographic information provided by you (such as language, gender and age, and, if applicable, content preferences and personalization information); and whether you logged into or out of a RN International service, or changed your password or billing information and site usage and game play information.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent unless such sharing is necessary to deliver our products and services, or except as set forth below.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
RN International understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and is committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your Web browser to RN International;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
- We do not store your full credit card number in our databases;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing personal information and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
RN International uses your personal information to:
- Deliver to you and bill you for RN International products and services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase of premium content or services (e.g., for the purposes of access to a free trial, or to FunPass);
- Verify access rights to premium content or other access-restricted services and software, including for the purpose of supporting digital rights management software;
- Improve our software and services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- Determine, where possible, if you meet the minimum system requirements to use our products, and provide information concerning compatibility and interoperability to you;
- Track content and technology for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third party providers, such as copyright holders, patent licensors and content distributors;
- Ask you to participate on a voluntary basis in surveys about products, services, news and events;
- Offer you product upgrades, content, services and games for you to purchase;
- Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalized experience based on personal information, such as your language preferences, zip/postal code, country locations, and any content or other preferences you provide;
- Auto-update certain downloaded RN International products;
- Provide you with news, free newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers; and
- Better understand how our products are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
RN International does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above. RN International does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to a third party unless you consent to provide such information to a third party partner or content service.
RN International may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for RN International, and to better serve our customers. RN International's contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of RN International.
Also, RN International may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on RN International; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of RN International; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of RN International products or the public at large.
Obligatory or Optional Nature of the Requested Information<br>
Some of the personal information collected by RN International is necessary to provide you with the RN International products or services you choose and to optimize the delivery of audio and video data to your computer. RN International software may include the opportunity to disable certain software features to increase your level of privacy. However, certain technical information (e.g., zip code, product id, Global Unique ID) may be automatically transmitted between networked servers to authenticate access to products and services, enable their delivery, or optimize your media delivery experience.
E-MAIL FROM RN INTERNATIONAL
Registering for a product or service allows you to tell us how or whether you want RN International to communicate with you. Generally, we send e-mail to you about products, content and special offers we may make available. Separate RN International products, services and lines of business may send separate newsletters and marketing emails. During registration, you may opt out of receiving RN International marketing e-mails and/or newsletters for the relevant product or service. Additionally, your online RN International account, accessed through the "My details" section on the RN International website and through other links provided in emails and on RN International Web pages, enables you to select whether you wish to receive newsletters, marketing and promotional emails, special offers and the like from various RN International's business lines. However, we may continue to send you e-mail about products or services you have previously purchased (such as an available upgrade that you are entitled to receive), your account status or other information concerning functions, features and status of your RN International products and services, or to inform you about critical technical service issues relating to a RN International product or service.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To access your account information and preferences, select "My details" from the menus on. Sign in to your account and modify your information and preferences as needed.
When you access your account by logging in, you can update and/or make sure that your account information is accurate. You can also manage your preferences concerning receipt of newsletters and promotional emails.
If you have forgotten a login name or password, you can use our online help resources.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Click here for more info
RN International has certified its personal information practices with the U.S. Department of Commerce under the Safe Harbor Program to ensure that your personal information is protected adequately in the event that your data is processed for the purposes of your agreement with us by a RealNetworks company in the United States. Should you want more information on the Safe Harbor principles, please go to: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
If we require a RealNetworks company to process your data for the purposes of payment for good and services this RealNetworks company will be RealNetworks International Sarl, Aerogolf Business Center, Complexe B, Building C-2, Findel Business Center, L-2632 Findel-Luxembourg. The following data may be turned over to this company solely for the purpose of processing the payment transaction: your name, bank account, and amount to be charged. You have a right of access and rectification with regard to such data; to exercise these rights, or for other data privacy questions, please contact/send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO ERROR FREE PERFORMANCE
CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact email@example.com.
copyright © 2001- 2011 RealNetworks International Sarl. All Rights Reserved